Make the World a Happier Place
BARBARA PARK LEGGETT
I want you to be happy. Happy with your career. Happy with your family. Happy with yourself. Often, we neglect how deeply all of those things are connected or how much work and dedication it takes to achieve it.
In my life, I’ve been fortunate enough to have been coached and supported by wise and caring people who have helped me achieve happiness. They’ve helped me realize the gift I possess to enable others to do the same as a Certified Professional Coach.
How I Became a Coach
For most of my life, I have dedicated myself to bringing joy to others. I focused my leadership skills in the non-profit world, always working to make the world a better place. Most notably, I served 25 years as the Executive Director of Explore & More Children’s Museum, where I prioritized happiness for families, authentic personal and professional relationships, and outstanding business practices.
Several years ago, it felt like everything I knew was gone. At 52, I had left my long-term job and passion, my loved ones were ill, and my foundation was decidedly unstable. At this crossroads of my life, I decided that I wanted a new way to bring positivity to the world – as I did at Explore & More. After spending a few years studying and venturing outside my comfort zone, I found my next path – becoming a professional coach.
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) from the International Coaching Federation
- Certified Professional Coach and ELI Master Practitioner from the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Certification in Happiness Studies for Coaches from Happiness Studies Academy
- Mental Fitness Coach through Positive Intelligence Inc.
- Executive education programs through Harvard Business School, Cornell University, and Canisius College
- B.S. in Communications Management from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University
Start on your path to happiness
To find out if life and leadership coaching is the right fit for you, schedule an introductory session with Barbara.